Legacy Hilltop Africa Limited
Legacy Hilltop Africa Limited T/A Lusaka Legacy Resort is a faith-based, Christian Organization. The property, which is situated in Meanwood, off Great East Road, offers accommodation and Conference facilities.
We are seeking to hire qualified candidates for the position of Rooms Division Manager.
The Rooms Division Manager will be reporting to the General Manager and will be responsible for overseeing daily operations of the Housekeeping, Front Office and Laundry sections. Ensuring that all the guest facilities are up to operational standards.
The Rooms Division Manager will accomplish their objectives by planning and coordination of service.
- Regular inspecting that rooms are made and cleaned as per the Resort’s standard
- Responsible for cleanliness and appearance of the entire Resort public areas
- Regularly inspect guest rooms, public areas to ensure that they are kept as per the Resort’s standard.
- Coordinating of the preventive maintenance schedule of rooms and public area with Maintenance department.
- Developing and utilising check lists for regular cleaning and upkeep.
- Organise, plan and control pest eradication activities
- Maintains and is responsible for all lost and found items and sends correspondence to the rightful owners
- Maintain Par stock of guest supplies, cleaning supplies and Linen to ensure consistency in standards.
- Ensure that the Laundry section is of high standard and proper chemicals are being used as per the lodge’s standard
- Ensure that the Resort’s décor is met or exceeded.
- Should immediately attend to guest requests and resolve guest complaints.
- Approve the duty rosters always considering the hotel status (arrival, Departure and occupancy)
- Minimise wastage of materials and energy through careful monitoring usage.
- Should be aware of the day’s business both in room occupancy and special requirements and VIP needs and monitors them.
- Verifying of accurate room status information is maintained and properly communicated
- Liaise with reception regarding VIP guests and special need requests
- Ensures the delivery of all message’s and packages in a timely and professional manner
- Enforcing all cash handling and credit policies
- Operates all aspects of Front Office computer system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis.
- Review daily Front Office work and activity reports generated by the Night Audit
- Maintains all pars of all Front office and Stationary supplies
- Ensure quality controls are in place for all linen processing
- Inspects and insures that linen which is distributed to the user departments is of high quality and is free from any tears and spots.
- Ensures that linen which is issued to the Food & Beverage outlets is as per requisition
- Schedules preventive maintenance of laundry equipment and coordinate with the maintenance team for any maintenance issues.
- Ensures that proper procedure is followed when linen or uniforms need to be discarded and a report is raised.
- Responsible for proper running of equipment’s and proper amounts of chemicals.
- Carry out stock take as per management policy
- Manage customer service quickly and efficiently
- Ensures linen and laundry supplies are ordered and controlled in line with the business.
- Sends a monthly inventory report to the General Manager
- Takes part in screening, interviews and selection of potential employees in his/her department
- Checks that staff meets and exceeds internal customer service expectations by training and encouraging staff to use Highly professional service principles and standards
- Identifies training needs, and makes sure staff receives training, including skills training to produce consistent results
- Prepares reports for Management Information
- Assists with the preparation of annual Departmental budgets
- Prepares revenue and occupancy forecasting
- To enforce all cash handling, check-cashing and credit policies
- Maximises room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status on a daily basis.
- Analyse rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count.
- Adheres to all health, sanitation and Chemical safety rules and regulations, and makes sure that all staff adheres to these and fully understands the hotel’s fire, emergency, and bomb procedures
- Ensures that emergency procedures are practised and enforced to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees
- Ensures that employees work in a safe manner that does not harm or injure self or others
- Ensures that the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, appropriate uniform, appearance, and conduct is maintained by all employees in the department
- Bachelors Degree in Hospitality Management
- Three years work experience in Housekeeping and Front Office departments in a Hotel and
- 2 years Proven work experience as a Rooms Division Manager in a Hotel/Resort.
- Experience in Hotel Management Software
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
Method of Application
All Applications should be sent to email@example.com. Closing date is Friday, 01st September 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.