Are you up for a challenge and looking to join a great place to work? We are looking for a Sales and Service Assistant to join our team. If you think that could be you, please read on.
Who are we?
VITALITE Zambia Limited is a Zambian registered company founded in 2013. VITALITE was created to increase rural electrification and combat the poverty tax affecting low-income, energy-poor households across Zambia.
Our mission is to make quality products and services accessible and affordable to all Zambian households. We pride ourselves on having been the first to pioneer a fully integrated pay-as-you-go (PAYGO) service in Zambia and aim to become the country’s leading rural service and distribution company.
According to an independent survey of our customers (run by impact reporting agency, 60 Decibels in March 2021), 88% find we’ve very much improved their quality of life.
What’s it like to work here?
- We have built a vibrant and dynamic team in which all of us are treated fairly and given equal opportunity to progress
- We work in an emotionally safe environment within which we all have the opportunity to fully express ourselves
- Everyone is encouraged to create positive impact for themselves, their colleagues and our customers by taking full accountability for what we do every day.
According to an independent survey (run by global gender advisory firm, Value for Women in February 2021):
- 94% of team members feel respected by their colleagues
- 97% of team members like our mission and purpose
- 86% of team members believe men and women have equal career opportunities
- 94% of team members believe issues of sexual harassment are taken seriously here
- 89% of team members believe we encourage open and honest communications
What is the job about?
We are looking for a dynamic, customer-focused individual to join our team and take on the important task of engaging with customers who visit our Sales & Service Centres. The role holder will be expected to engage with a wide array of visitors including providing assistance to new and existing customers. This position will report to the Regional Coordinator.
Successful applicants for this role will:
- Lead and execute sales and registration efforts at Vitalite hubs to achieve and exceed targets
- Implement Vitalite sales practices and product knowledge to ensure effective customer engagement.
- Maintain the highest standard of customer service and ensure that customers are attended to promptly.
- Oversee the Vitalite hubs inventory, ensuring it is adequately stocked with products and necessary supplies.
- Maintain a clean and organized hub environment conducive for customers and staff.
- Collaborate with HQ’s agent care team to ensure that agent needs are met promptly when they call or visit the hubs.
- Facilitate sales and registrations
- Monitor sales registration
- Increase sales and registration
- Perform cash and stock management
- Provide excellent customer care and handling customer queries.
- Generate weekly sales reports
- Have at least two years’ experience in Sales or Marketing
- Have a certificate in Sales or Marketing
- Be familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Have good English speaking ability
- Be able to speak well at least three local languages (including Bemba and Nyanja)
- Be team players able to multitask and manage their time in a prioritized way
- Have Grade 12 certificate with good Mathematics and English results
- Be comfortable working independently (i.e. without constant supervision)
- Be highly organized
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Method of Application
Please email your up to date CV, copies of your Academic Qualifications and 2 references from prior employers to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of your Application should go as follows, Application -Sales and Service Assistant Kafue_(Your Name).
Please also enclose an essay of no less than 300 words expressing your view on “How do you believe your experience in dealing with difficult customers can contribute to your success in this role at Vitalite Zambia Ltd?”
Incomplete applications will be disqualified so please take care to ensure you’ve included everything.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com