Are you up for a challenge and looking to join a great place to work? We are looking for a Sales and Service Representative to join our team. If you think that could be you, please read on.
Who are we?
VITALITE Zambia Limited is a Zambian registered company founded in 2013. VITALITE was created to increase rural electrification and combat the poverty tax affecting low-income, energy-poor households across Zambia.
Our mission is to make quality products and services accessible and affordable to all Zambian households. We pride ourselves on having been the first to pioneer a fully integrated pay-as-you-go (PAYGO) service in Zambia and aim to become the country’s leading rural service and distribution company.
According to an independent survey of our customers (run by impact reporting agency, 60 Decibels in March 2021), 88% find we’ve very much improved their quality of life.
What’s it like to work here?
- We have built a vibrant and dynamic team in which all of us are treated fairly and given equal opportunity to progress
- We work in an emotionally safe environment within which we all have the opportunity to fully express ourselves
- Everyone is encouraged to create positive impact for themselves, their colleagues and our customers by taking full accountability for what we do every day.
According to an independent survey (run by global gender advisory firm, Value for Women in February 2021):
- 94% of team members feel respected by their colleagues
- 97% of team members like our mission and purpose
- 86% of team members believe men and women have equal career opportunities
- 94% of team members believe issues of sexual harassment are taken seriously here
- 89% of team members believe we encourage open and honest communications
What is the job about?
We are looking for a dynamic, customer-focused individual to join our team and take on the important task of engaging with customers who visit our Sales & Service Centres. The role holder will be expected to engage with a wide array of visitors including providing assistance to new and existing customers. This position will report to the Regional Manager.
Successful applicants for this role will:
- Identify and recruit rural Sales Agents
- Monitor, evaluate, train and coach the performance of their team of Sales Agents
- Conduct marketing activities in partnership with Sales Agents
- Recollect products from defaulting customers
- Deliver stock, marketing materials and support to agents in timely and helpful manner
- Support stock and cash audit activities
- Collaborate with the sales team to establish and manage local sales and registration targets.
- Foster a supportive and motivating environment for sales agents and provide ongoing mentorship and support to enhance agent performance.
- Conduct comprehensive training programs to ensure agents are well-equipped with product knowledge and effective sales techniques.
- Develop and execute strategies to encourage customer re-commitment to our products and services.
- Implement fair and ethical repossession practices while protecting the company’s interests.
- Monitor and manage sales agent inventory levels, ensuring optimal stock availability.
- Class A Motorbike License (This is Mandatory)
- Proven experience in agent recruitment, training and care
- Have at least two years’ experience in Sales or Marketing
- Have a diploma in Sales or Marketing or any business related course
- Be familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Have good English speaking ability
- Proficient in CRM Software
- Analytical skills to interpret data and produce reports
- Problem Solving Skills and a proactive approach to challenges
- Be able to speak well at least three local languages
- Be team players able to multitask and manage their time in a prioritized way
- Have Grade 12 certificate with good Mathematics and English results
- Be comfortable working independently (i.e. without constant supervision)
- Be highly organized
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Method of Application
Please email your up to date CV, copies of your Academic Qualifications and 2 references from prior employers to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also enclose an essay of no less than 300 words expressing your view on the following, ‘Describe your approach to sales agent management, emphasizing three strategies you’ve employed in the past to motivate and develop a high performing team of sales agent. ‘
Incomplete applications will be disqualified so please take care to ensure you’ve included everything.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com