Barrick Gold Corporation
Lumwana Mining Company seeks to recruit a highly committed employee for the position of Security Coordinator – PFS (Fixed Term) to join the versatile Security Department under Mineral Resources Management – PFS Section. We are in search of an individual who can champion Barrick’s DNA by:
- Communicating Honestly, Transparently, and Acting with Integrity
- Exhibiting a Results-Driven approach
- Delivering solutions that are Fit for Purpose
- Dedicating themselves to Building a Sustainable Legacy
- Taking Responsibility and being Accountable
- Committing to Zero Harm
- Cultivating strong and meaningful Partnerships
Reporting to the Security Superintendent, you will be responsible for ensuring the safety and security of LMC employees, their families and business partners.
Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure positive and effective implementation of Barrick Security policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with overarching statutory requirements and adherence to international norms.
- Establish, implement, and ensure effective utilisation of security systems.
- Oversee supply agreements with both local Zambian and international suppliers of Security Services and liaise with the supply department to ensure efficient services are maintained.
- Manage and enforcing a set standard for all security service suppliers, personnel, employees, and business partners working on the mine lease.
- Provide leadership and support to ensure that employees and business partners comply with industry best practice and legislative requirements.
- Implement security management capability that will ensure prevention of material loss.
- Ensure that all companies facilities on the mine lease and the facility occupants are adequately protected against harm and loss 24 hours a day 365 days a year.
- Ensure that the physical facility protection programs of the site security department are effectively and efficiently undertaken, supervised, and monitored.
- Ensure that there is a sufficient standard of training and experience in the guard force to allow the appropriate application of response strategies to any emergency that could seriously threaten life or property on LMC.
- Create a working environment which ensures that the employees and business partners gain new skills and achieve their full potential by developing and implementing effective training and mentoring programmes.
- Develop, implement, and maintain safe work procedures and promote high safety and health awareness.
- Promote and complying with the LMC Occupational Health & Safety Policy.
- Be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the team.
- Ensure appropriate facilities, procedures, and workforce competence to achieve legal compliance, incident prevention and the achievement of tasks in an environmentally sustainable manner.
- Maintain and developing relationships with stakeholders in LMC’s mining activities, consistent with Barrick’s Community Relations Policies.
- Become actively involved in Barrick’s aims and objectives of engaging with the local community and strive to leave a positive impact on the longer-term outcomes for local people.
- Promote the integration between this engagement and the success of the business.
- Prepare and manage the budget for the function.
- Ensure the development and maintenance of up-to-date job procedures for all tasks performed within the function.
- Develop objectives for sharing common infrastructure and support services across Barrick and cascade this throughout function.
- Ensure effective communication with delegate prior to departure from site.
- Be visible in the workplace.
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Diploma/Certificate in security related qualification or Social Sciences
- Minimum of at least 7 years’ experience in a reputable organization in a similar position
- Experience in Zambian Police Service or Corporate (private)Security is an added advantage.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Must have a Zambian driver’s license (Manual Transmission).
- Proven ability to deliver results and act as a change agent.
- Good computer skills with the abilityto use integrated management systems,word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet applications.
- Disciplined, Honest,Proactive, Resourceful, and Tactful.
What We Can Offer You:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits.
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to grow and learn with industry colleagues.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organisation
Applicants that meet the above stated requirements are invited to submit their CVs to the Job Portal link: https://jobs.barrick.com/.
Barrick has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management.
Barrick offers employment opportunities to both qualified women and men.
Women who meet the above qualification are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 25th November 2023. If you are not contacted by HR department within 30 days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
‘Be Aware of Fraudsters’
Lumwana Mining Company does not solicit for payment of any funds towards the recruitment process.
Our mission is to be the world’s most valued gold and copper mining business. We are committed to partnering with our host countries and communities to transform their natural resources into tangible benefits and mutual prosperity.
With operating mines and projects in 18 countries, Barrick’s highly diversified workforce is drawn almost entirely from our host nations and equipped with world-class skills. We set the gold standard in sustainability by embedding environmental, social and economic considerations into all of our business decisions.
To apply for this job please visit ehkn.fa.ca2.oraclecloud.com.