Barrick Gold Corporation
Lumwana Mining Company seeks to recruit a highly motivated and committed employees for the position of Security Officer (Fixed Term) to join the versatile Security Department under Mineral Resources Management – PFS Section. We are in search of individuals who can champion Barrick’s DNA by:
- Communicating Honestly, Transparently, and Acting with Integrity
- Exhibiting a Results-Driven approach
- Delivering solutions that are Fit for Purpose
- Dedicating themselves to Building a Sustainable Legacy
- Taking Responsibility and being Accountable
- Committing to Zero Harm
- Cultivating strong and meaningful Partnerships
Reporting to the Security Supervisor, you will be responsible to ensure safety and security of LMC employees, business partners and visitors, living, working, and visiting Lumwana Mine Company (LMC).
Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Security Prevention Awareness to be proactively maintained.
- Report all deficiencies in a timely manner to minimise opportunity for loss of company property etc.
- Accurate, Detailed and Timely delivery of required administrative reports (Oral, Written, Incident, Statements, Safety etc.) to ensure each party is an informed state.
- Proactively coordinate all operational resources deployed in keeping with Standing Operational Procedures.
- Ensure the maintenance of an effective, efficient, and professional service provision by the Security Services Department with a specific focus to Access Control Points/Gates to the Mine.
- Protect company employees and property by following all relevant procedures at the assigned position and provide a positive and cooperative input to the Security Management team.
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Grade 12 or higher.
- Certificate in Security related qualification (would be an added advantage)
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in security services in any Security Institution
- Must have a Zambian driver’s license (Manual transmission).
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Competent in incident investigation
- Proven ability to deliver results and act as a change agent.
What We Can Offer You:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits.
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to grow and learn with industry colleagues.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organisation
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants that meet the above stated requirements are invited to submit their CVs to the Job Portal link: https://jobs.barrick.com/.
Barrick has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management.
Barrick offers employment opportunities to both qualified women and men.
Women who meet the above qualification are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 25th November 2023. If you are not contacted by HR department within 30 days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
‘Be Aware of Fraudsters’
Lumwana Mining Company does not solicit for payment of any funds towards the recruitment process.
Our mission is to be the world’s most valued gold and copper mining business. We are committed to partnering with our host countries and communities to transform their natural resources into tangible benefits and mutual prosperity.
With operating mines and projects in 18 countries, Barrick’s highly diversified workforce is drawn almost entirely from our host nations and equipped with world-class skills. We set the gold standard in sustainability by embedding environmental, social and economic considerations into all of our business decisions.
To apply for this job please visit jobsearchzm.com.