Barrick Gold Corporation
Lumwana Mining Company seeks to recruit a highly committed employee for the position of Security Supervisor (Fixed Term) to join the versatile Security Department under Mineral Resources Management – PFS Section. We are in search of an individual who can champion Barrick’s DNA by:
- Communicating Honestly, Transparently, and Acting with Integrity
- Exhibiting a Results-Driven approach
- Delivering solutions that are Fit for Purpose
- Dedicating themselves to Building a Sustainable Legacy
- Taking Responsibility and being Accountable
- Committing to Zero Harm
- Cultivating strong and meaningful Partnerships
Reporting to the Security Coordinator, you will be responsible for ensuring the safety and security of LMC employees and business partners.
Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Proactively coordinate all operational resources deployed in keeping with Standing Operational Procedures ensuring the maintenance of an effective, efficient, and professional service provision by the Security Services Department with a specific focus to Access Control Points/Gates to the Mine
- Provide a positive and cooperative input to the Security Management team.
- Ensure compliance to voluntary principals on security and human rights.
- Supervise subordinates to ensure that all are equipped, trained, and qualified to perform their duties in an appropriate manner.
- Execution of shift operations in keeping with various Corporate Policies, Mine Standing Instructions, Departmental Operating Procedures etc.
- Accurate, Detailed and Timely delivery of required administrative reports (Oral, Written, Incident, Statements, Safety etc.).
- Proactively coordinate all operational resources deployed in keeping with Standing Operational Procedures.
- Protect company employees and property by following all relevant procedures at the assigned position and providing a positive and cooperative input to the Security Management team.
- Review of deployment plans from time to time.
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Grade 12 certificate
- Certificate/Diploma in security related qualification or Social Sciences
- Minimum of at least 5 years’ experience in a reputable organization in a similar position
- Experience in Zambian Police Service or Corporate (private)Security is an added advantage.
- Must have a Zambian driver’s license (Manual transmission).
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Proven ability to deliver results and act as a change agent.
- Good computer skills with the ability to use integrated management systems, word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet applications.
- Disciplined, Honest, Proactive, Resourceful, Tactful.
What We Can Offer You:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits.
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to grow and learn with industry colleagues.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organisation
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants that meet the above stated requirements are invited to submit their CVs to the Job Portal link: https://jobs.barrick.com/.
Barrick has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management.
Barrick offers employment opportunities to both qualified women and men.
Women who meet the above qualification are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 25th November 2023. If you are not contacted by HR department within 30 days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
‘Be Aware of Fraudsters’
Lumwana Mining Company does not solicit for payment of any funds towards the recruitment process.
Our mission is to be the world’s most valued gold and copper mining business. We are committed to partnering with our host countries and communities to transform their natural resources into tangible benefits and mutual prosperity.
With operating mines and projects in 18 countries, Barrick’s highly diversified workforce is drawn almost entirely from our host nations and equipped with world-class skills. We set the gold standard in sustainability by embedding environmental, social and economic considerations into all of our business decisions.
To apply for this job please visit ehkn.fa.ca2.oraclecloud.com.