As a world market leader in crop protection, we help farmers to counter these threats and ensure enough safe, nutritious, affordable food for all – while minimizing the use of land and other agricultural inputs.
Syngenta Crop Protection keeps plants safe from planting to harvesting. From the moment a seed is planted through to harvest, crops need to be protected from weeds, insects and diseases as well as droughts and floods, heat and cold.
Syngenta Crop Protection is headquartered in Switzerland.
- Manage the Seedcare Institute (SCI) and be the lead person in rolling application stewardship and seed quality services to the seed industry and farmers.
- Create demand for Seedcare products through conducting on-farm demo trials and generating “seeing is believing” for the key Seedcare customers in Zambia.
- Be the lead in coordinating on-farm seed treatment for farmers.
- Operate the Seedcare Institute Laboratory with small scale treatments and visits to processing plants as part of technical support to key Seedcare customers.
- Design recipe for customers and monitor application quality based on Seedcare Institute quality control (QC) tools and standards.
- Regular trouble shooting on application for seed companies and conduct basic trainings at the start of the season.
- Train customers on application technology and stewardship for good and safe Seedcare product use.
- Promote Syngenta Seedcare products to all assigned existing customer portfolios and prospective accounts.
- Coordinate the on-farm treatment with CP KAMs leveraging support from Seedcare Application Specialist and Seedcare Marketing Lead.
- Create demand by running demo trials and participate in field days/expositions, execute product campaigns agreed with Seedcare Head for EASA.
- Conduct data collection, compilation and reporting to the Seedcare team at the set required time points as provided for in the protocols guide.
- Effective liaison with sales and R&D colleagues, agents and Key Account Manager (by following the correct channel procedure) to ensure proper site selection and site management prior to, during and after the trial/s.
- Responsible for maximizing the purpose of each trial, for example data collection and in field product promotions with relevant parties as agreed with the Seedcare team and presenting findings to Seedcare Team.
- Stay abreast of market, trade and competitor activity in order to revise strategies and meet changing requirements.
- Support with small scale seed treatments as required by Marketing Lead and CPD for trials.
- Support the promoters and merchandisers in their daily activities.
- Ensure all customers are handled and serviced within accepted Syngenta policy and standards with the use of Salesforce.com
- Be an active member of the AME Seedcare Institute Team and a champion for stewardship.
- Drive safely and lead by example for driving excellence.
- Min. 5 years of experience working in Ag business in the BA, preferably with Agriculture Economics/Agronomy or Marketing experience.
- Tertiary education(degree or higher) in Agriculture, Marketing, Commerce or Business Management.
- Significant background and/or education in crop agronomy, seed processing or related field.
- Sound understanding of the seed industry, crop protection, Seedcare, and on the farm activities (GAP).
- Well-rounded understanding of commercial and product development concepts.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of crop agronomics.
- Understanding of key marketing and sales processes.
- Understand long term technical concept positioning whilst being able to deliver upon short term campaign imperatives.
- General Marketing practices and dynamics including Product Life Cycle Management and Digital marketing.
- Member of the Agricultural Institute of Zambia
- In depth understanding of the agriculture industry in Southern Africa.
- Strong project management skills a must.
- Self-starter with a high-level of self-drive, integrity and proactiveness.
- Capability to work across teams with different functional roles.
- High level of computer literacy (Power Point, Excel, Word).
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, and presentation skills.
- Collaborates effectively across organizational and functional boundaries.
- Multicultural sensitivity.
Behaviours Critical capabilities for the role:
- Ability to “create” and “connect” in order to exploit opportunities
- Strong Agronomic, marketing, and commercial skills
- Understands customer needs
- Fostering a mindset change
- Lead & manage change that positively engages and inspires
- Learning agility
- High ethic, transparent work style
HSE Critical capabilities for the role:
- Completes the work processes according to the Syngenta HSE Policy, Safety Standards and Environmental policy
- Complies with the Syngenta BA Driving Policy
Critical success factors & key challenges
- Transform and shape the market to increase technology adoption
- Change perceptions and image of seed applied technologies
- Collaborate with local teams to leverage all existing industry relationships
- Work in matrix organization
- Gain stakeholder support
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.