Joint Country Pogramme
Senior Fundraising Officer – Norwegian Church Aid-DanChurchAid (ZAMBIA)
Introduction to Norwegian Church Aid:
We provide emergency assistance in disasters, work for long-term development in local communities and address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, business and religious leaders.
Norwegian Church Aid is an ecumenical diaconal organisation for global justice.
We work to help the poorest and those in need, regardless of their creed, race, political or religious affiliation.
Introduction to the country office:
Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) has been working in Zambia since 2002 and became a Joint Country Programme (JCP) of NCA and DanChurchAid (DCA) in 2011. Together with local communities and government institutions, JCP seeks to contribute to a Zambia where all women, men, girls and boys on equal terms are empowered to enjoy economic, political, social, environmental and democratic rights, so that they are benefitting from a restored sustainable growth of the country through three thematic programmes: (i) Climate Smart Economic Empowerment, (ii) Gender Justice Free of Gender Based Violence and (iii) Fighting Inequality.
Information about the position:
NCA is seeking a suitably qualified individual to fill the position of Senior Fundraising Officer. The role will provide overall coordination support to the fundraising function for the NCA-DCA JCP Zambia office.
How to apply: To apply for this position kindly send your curriculum vitae and cover letter explaining why you are interested in this job, and why we should interview you for this role. Send your application to the Senior Human Resource Officer: email@example.com
The preferred candidate must be able to carry out the following tasks:
- Coordinating fundraising activities
- Writing high quality concept notes and full proposals in English.
- Donor scoping/ market analysis/ strategic engagement
- Developing a fundraising strategy and plan
- The person to be employed must be loyal to Norwegian Church Aid’s Christian values and accept the Code of Conduct of the ACT Alliance.
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Minimum undergraduate university degree
- Proven experience in fundraising and securing multi-year large grants.
- High ethical standards of behavior, good judgment, respect for others, and confidentiality.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Thoroughness, attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Energetic, proactive and capable of working independently as well as being an active member of the team.
- Flexible and creative with a positive attitude and an aptitude for solving problems.
Method of Application
We kindly ask you to carefully read the ACT Code of Conduct for the prevention of misconduct, including corruption, fraud, exploitation and abuse, including sexual; and to ensure child safeguarding and the Protection from Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse and Child Safeguarding policy before you submit your application. If you are the selected candidate for this position you will be asked to complete and sign the ACT Code of Conduct; Protection from Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse Policy; and Child Safeguarding Policy.