This role will entail high-level writing on various global health issues and associated advocacy. The incumbent must have fantastic writing skills, excellent research experience and a demonstrated understanding and track record of working on a diversity of global public health issues. Candidates are expected to have a track record of published materials (opinion pieces, long-form writing) in esteemed and international publications in their portfolios, in addition to generating press releases and media information packages. An absolute eye for detail is critical to this role.
The Senior Media Advisor will be responsible for the following duties:
- Supporting the Strategist with research and production of articles and op-eds, press releases and associated products
- High-level report drafting, editing and proofreading
- Creation and production of well-researched public health opinion pieces written for impact and impeccably researched – inclusive of interviewing thought leaders on the topic to shape and refine the pieces.
- Planning publication pitches of individual articles and disseminating knowledge to target audiences
- Strategic planning of publication schedules to ensure strategic placement, timing and reach of media products.
The Senior Media Advisor must meet the following criteria:
- Journalistic background with senior editing, proofreading and report drafting experience
- High-level publication experience and track record with esteemed journals, magazines or media houses
- Demonstrated experience in public health research
- Excellent writing style, accessible to multiple audiences but always technically sound
- General knowledge of and interest in COVID-19, SRHR, HIV and a diversity of public health issues preferred
- Broad interview experience reporting beneficial, including sourcing relevant experts and affected individuals for stories
- Qualification in journalism or public health advocacy preferred
- At least ten years in similar roles
- Strong administrative skills and highly organised
This job can be performed from anywhere in the world and all candidates’ applications will be considered.
To apply for this job please visit www.priconsultants.com.