Standard Chartered Bank
: Retail Banking
: Africa & Middle East-Zambia-Lusaka
: 20/Nov/2023, 11:55:56 PM
: 05/Dec/2023, 1:59:00 AM
The Role Responsibilities
- Progress against balanced scorecard targets.
- Portfolio growth by means of acquisition of new customers and deepening existing client relationships.
- Increase profitability of client through revenue generation and growth.
- Net incremental growth of portfolio in terms of revenue for the existing book.
- Growth in product cross holding ratio
- Customer satisfaction scores reflected in Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- Adherence to process and compliance
- Manage and anticipate client requirements with a focus towards managing the existing base as well as increase cross product holding per client.
- Build, understand and sustain relationships with the client’s circle of influence (e.g. a parent, mentor, advisor or other family member) Consistent and frequent communication with client providing complete, concise portfolio valuations and guidance.
- Serve as a problem-solver for the client, helping them identify investment criteria, recognise and handle concerns that arise as consultation moves closer to decision.
- Provide ongoing portfolio supervision, with a continuous focus towards helping the client adapt to changes in personal circumstances and the financial environment.
- Retain existing high value clients by growth of wallet with the bank through relationship management activities.
- Resolve client queries without further escalation.
- Effectively convert service recovery to sales opportunities and sustained client loyalty.
Customer / Business Acquisition
- Drive portfolio growth through existing to bank (ETB) and increased product per customer (PPC) ratio.
- Based on client profile, map client potential and work towards up streaming to Private Banking segment.
Customer Needs Analysis and Consultation
- Offer a consistent yet differentiated customer experience by offering holistic needs analysis and consultation to key clients in portfolio management taking ownership of all categories of customer service matters.
- Continuously track market trends and ensure up to date knowledge of market offerings to be able to provide advice on potential financial planning solutions based on client needs.
- Carry out suitability assessment of clients.
- Identify and partner with product specialists to provide expert advice across a wide range of financial matters such as retirement planning, estate planning, asset allocation, forex rates, etc.
- Ensure meeting clients requirements while ensuring compliance with all regulations and controls as set by the Bank and external regulatory authorities by all staff.
- Read, understand and comply with all provisions of the Group Code of Conduct.
- Sound knowledge of all aspects of general banking, retail operations and credit operations / deposit and lending products / inspection and audit requirements, as applicable.
- Awareness of all the policies and procedures issued in relation to money laundering prevention.
- Ensure KYC compliance for all new to bank and existing customers.
- Ensure zero operational loss and effective complaint management.
- Report any suspicious transaction immediately to the supervising officer of Fraud Control.
- Ensure strict compliance and responsible for achieving and maintaining satisfactory audit rating.
- Effective reject management.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas.
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering ‘effective governance’; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association.
- Priority Banking Team Manager – For Performance management, coaching and staff development
- Head of Affluent and Wealth Management
- Priority Banking team
- Segments team
- Wealth Specialists
- CE team
- Other Unit Heads
- Bank Customers – Engagement and relationship management
- Ensure alignment with the Bank’s Purpose statement and live the Bank’s valued behaviour
Our Ideal Candidate
- Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Accountancy, Investments and / or relevant Professional Qualification. Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years in Relationship Management, Sales or relevant client facing roles.
- Possess diverse investment and market views to offer a concise and consolidated view of events so as to give the appropriate recommendation and guidance to clients.
- A self motivator who is keen on upgrading and improving personal knowledge and skills to meet evolving job requirements.
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP), CISI Certifications or relevant Investment Course will be an added advantage.
- Candidate is expected to possess extensive customer contacts that qualifies for the Priority Banking Segment.
- Competent in collaborating with product specialists to recommend product suite offerings for clients.
- Make effective business decisions independently, based on sound financial and business principles.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to deal with people of all levels.
- Effective understanding of client requirements and manage it without escalation.
- Superior knowledge of investment products and financial markets.
- A strong knowledge of Investments and Asian banking products.
- A team player with good initiatives and assertiveness.
- Sound knowledge of general banking law and practices.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Manage Conduct
- Manage Risk
- Relationship Management
About Standard Chartered
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental / maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.