Right to Care Zambia
Right to Care is at the vanguard in supporting and delivering prevention, care, and treatment services for HIV and associated diseases. We work with government and communities to find pioneering solutions to build and strengthening public healthcare.
We embrace a strong entrepreneurial culture and focuses on innovation and the use of technology to enhance services, address skills shortages, and deliver quality healthcare outcomes. Our areas of expertise include HIV and TB care and treatment, pharmacy automation, medical male circumcision, and cervical cancer diagnosis and treatment.
In 2021, Right to Care Zambia was awarded a five-year project funded by USAID through the PEPFAR mechanism. The USAID Action HIV project aims to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission by achieving the UNAIDS and PEPFAR goal of 95/95/95 HIV treatment coverage by providing comprehensive HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment maintenance services in Luapula, Northern and Muchinga provinces of Zambia. The USAID Action HIV project will work closely with and in support of the Ministry of Health.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in public health, social sciences, behavioral sciences, or related field
- Background in research, monitoring and evaluation and/or other data management field
- Certificate or Diploma in computer literacy including MS Office suite.
- Demonstrable experience in health informatics will an added advantage
- Formal training in M&E
- 3 years experience in managing HIV/AIDS-related data, including data verification / quality assurance
- Relevant work experience implementing monitoring systems for impact analysis
- Work experience with donor-funded projects on skills development
- Experience with innovative analysis of monitoring data
- Experience with independently conducting data analysis, interpretation, and presentation of findings, including identification of possible causes for findings and can propose measures to address underlying causes
- Proven experience with writing baseline, annual, and final M&E reports to document project targets, actual accomplishments, and reasons for any deviations.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- 2 years experience in training / facilitation
- 2-year experience in managing staff
- Experience in MoH and PEPFAR reporting
- Experience in Smart Care management, use and support is an added advantage
TECHNICAL AND BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES
- Attention to detail
- Aptitude for, and interest in numbers
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management
- Logical thinking
- Analytical thinking
- Strategic vision
- Able to work independently
- Willing to travel nationally extensively (20-40% of the time)
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Plan, facilitate and participate a minimum of one M&E training/meeting quarterly to SI/M&E staff at all levels.
- Stay informed of HIV-related MoH and PEPFAR reporting requirements.
- Develop M&E Work Plan for USAID Action HIV programme.
- Update Monthly Reporting Templates for Partners/Programmes, within 1 month of becoming aware of country or donor changes.
- Update database of all USAID Action HIV partners/programmes with required details, on quarterly basis or as required.
- Design, improve and expand data tools for use at central M&E Unit.
- Develop and implement evaluation plans for USAID Action HIV.
- Conduct M&E site visits to USAID Action HIV partners/ programmes.
- Provide ongoing physical, telephonic/e-mail support, training, and technical assistance on M&E to partners/programmes, including revision/design of Data Management tools.
- Design and present M&E-related training sessions for partners/programmes.
- Facilitate access to general M&E training for partners/programmes.
- Design and conduct Data Quality Audit and follow up on implementation of audit recommendations by USAID Action HIV partners/programmes on regular basis.
- Ensure submission of Monthly Reports by USAID Action HIV partners/ programmes, within 1 month, or within PEPFAR reporting deadline for end-of-quarter months.
- To consistently and transparently disseminate and report M&E data to stakeholders
- Conduct Internal Verification Check of Monthly Reports of partners/ programmes, within 1 week of submission date, or within PEPFAR reporting deadlines for end-of-quarter months.
- Compile Quarterly, Semi-annual and Annual USAID Reports within deadlines (Jan, Apr, Jul, and Oct).
- Verify USAID Action HIV partners’ Quarterly, Semi-annual and Annual PEPFAR Reports prior to submission to USAID.
- Lead efforts to improve data use at all levels, through the use of performance dashboards and insightful data visualization to inform service delivery and activity programming
- Maintain a functional M&E unit for USAID ACTION HIV
- Continuously review the project performance and support the preparation and submission of at least 1 success story every monthly.
Method of Application
- Applications in the form of a cover letter and CV must be submitted to Vacancy11@righttocare.org
- All applicants are required to complete an online competency assessment accessible using this link – https://my.assessio.com/right-to-care-senior-strategic-information-advisor.
- Only applicants that complete the two steps above will be considered.
By applying for the above-mentioned position, you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, criminal and reference checks (internal and external) which forms part of the Company’s recruitment policy and procedure. Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Applicants are required to complete all screening assessment questions and completion of competency assessment using the link provided above for the application of this position to be complete. Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process. Right to Care reserves the right to withdraw the vacancy at any time for whatever reason.
Right to Care is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
Right to Care Zambia is aware of fraudulent activities by certain individuals claiming to be representatives of the organization.
Be advised that Right to Care does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and as such Right to Care Zambia assumes no responsibility for any announcements or activities by such individuals or entities.
To apply for this job email your details to Vacancy11@righttocare.org