Cantina Restaurant Group
We are looking for a Service Chef to join our team and prepare delicious meals for our customers.
Our Service Chef responsibilities include preparing recipes, setting up stations and delivering high-quality dishes in a fast-paced environment. You should be familiar with sanitation regulations. If you have experience with advanced cooking techniques and non-traditional ingredients, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll prepare and deliver a complete menu that delights our guests.
- Set up the kitchen with cooking utensils and equipment, like knives, pans and kitchen scales
- Study each recipe and gather all necessary ingredients
- Cook food in a timely manner
- Ensure appealing plate presentation
- Slightly modify recipes to meet customers’ needs and requests (e.g. reduce salt, remove dairy)
- Monitor food stock
- Check freshness of food and discard out-of-date items
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience of 2 years as a Chef or Cook in an established restaurant.
- Hands-on experience with various kitchen equipment (e.g. grillers and fryers)
- Advanced knowledge of culinary techniques
- Leadership skills
- Ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks
- Excellent time management abilities
- Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes
- Familiarity with sanitation regulations
- Culinary school diploma preferred
Method of Application
ONLY EMAIL APPLICATIONS COMPLETE WITH CV AND 3 REFERENCES SENT TO email@example.com prior to the closing date (27/10/2023) WILL BE CONSIDERED.