Zambia Sugar Plc. is a subsidiary of Illovo Sugar Africa (Pty) Ltd Group and is the leading sugar producer in Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugar cane, the production and marketing of sugar and other sugar downstream products.
The Company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions in the Estate Support Services Department:
1. SHERQ MANAGER X1 – PERMANENT
The position reports to the Estate Support Services Head. The incumbent will be responsible for Implementing and driving Illovo Way of SHERQ and Food Safety Performance and related standards, systems, processes, and applicable legislative / regulatory requirements and promoting SHERQ culture and awareness.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Support the development of medium & long term SHERQ strategies in country & provide input into key decisions & reports to ensure company strategy & SHERQ values are aligned & quality improvements are considered in all business initiatives.
- Embed best practices, minimum standards, policies, processes, tools, technology & enablers through the Illovo SHERQ Way & capability development strategy.
- Ensure SHERQ best practices and minimum standards/ processes are aligned with company, regulatory and legal requirements, are easily accessible and regularly updated on the Country, IIRMS platform and oversee compliance to such standards to meet the Group SHERQ strategic plan.
- Drive standardization of the Group’s quality and Food safety standards, systems, regulations, and market requirements for all SKU’s and or products, and serve as custodian of product and customer specifications (all except ISSA).
- Facilitate the implementation of the Illovo Integrated Risk Management Systems framework to ensure management of risk is integrated into business governance and processes (except ISSA).
- Co-ordinate and facilitate the Group Enterprise Risk Management process to ensure country risks are identified and mitigated (except ISSA).
- Oversee the effective management & removal of waste including hazardous waste.
- Identify SHERQ, Occupational Health & Food Safety risks (from raw material receipt to product dispatch), & implement processes, interventions and programs to mitigate risk.
- Maintain external certification systems for SHERQ (including insurance audits) & improve audit scores where required, through inspections & internal audit processes.
- Co-ordinate and conduct risk assessments to support the Group Enterprise Risk Management process.
- Develop and test the Emergency Response Management system in accordance with the Company and Insurer’s requirements.
- Follow up on close out of findings from ABF HSE Assurance processes (including EY & ERM audits).
- Promote a SHERQ culture driven by individual and peer to peer accountability towards functional excellence in support of a productive and “safe” environment.
- Reduce the number of SHERQ / Food Safety incidents through implementation of preventative / corrective measures for all reported near misses.
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Bachelors degree in Risk management, Environmental Science, Engineering, Chemistry, Biology or Related)
- 5-7 years management experience (min 3 years SHERQ Management).
- Impressive, demonstrable track record and skills/experience gained within a similar position(s), at a similar level reflecting in depth knowledge of country SHERQ & Environmental Standards
- SAMTRAC /NEBOSH qualification/ ISO 14000 /45000 / ISO 22000 auditor qualification
- Good communication skills (verbal and written), with the ability to engage and influence others.
- Good working knowledge of all applicable SHERQ legislation, regulations, and related authorities.
- Sound leadership and management skills
- Ability to plan, prioritize and track performance against objectives.
2. QUALITY & FOOD SAFETY SPECIALIST X1 – PERMANENT
The position reports to Country SHERQ Manager.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Contribute to the development of country SHERQ strategy, standards, processes, and plans, as it pertains to Quality and Food Safety.
- Support sites in the communication, implementation and entrenchment of systems, best practices, minimum standards, policies, processes, tools, technology and enablers (The Illovo SHERQ way), ensuring integration across SHERQ elements to achieve “Right First Time” and “Positive QA Release” aligned to customer and regulatory requirements.
- Define, develop and facilitate quality programs to support the implementation of the Quality Management system.
- Contribute to technical reviews on information extracted from monitoring programs, incident management systems, and quality tests.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders on issues associated with Quality and Food Safety and ensure alignment of internal processes with requirements.
- Manage the Customer Complaints process, ensuring investigation, corrective action and close out, with effective customer feedback and reporting.
- Manage all COAs for the business through oversight of the Lab (QC and Microbiological testing) and Outbound Logistics and Warehouses (across the value chain).
- Manage all export and new customer technical requirements.
- Oversee management of the Consumer Care Line.
- Manage all audit requirements for the business (internal and external stakeholders (including customers and regulatory bodies).
- Provide technical and compliance support to all customers.
- Develop and manage reporting systems to track QFS performance, and keep relevant stakeholders inform.
- Promote and adhere to Illovo’s procedures, policies and guidelines, including, without limitation, those relating to SHERQ, Competition Law and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC)
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Bachelors’ Degree in Chemistry, Microbiology or Food Sciences
- A Sugar Technology qualification is an advantage
- FSSC 22000 auditor qualification
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in food science, with at least 2 years in QC /QA
- 2 years’ experience in audit processes related to quality, food safety and GMP
- Good communication skills (verbal and written), with the ability to engage and influence others
- Project management skills
- Analytical ability and proficiency in MS Office
- Good working knowledge of all applicable Food Safety regulations and related authorities
Method of Application
Should you be interested in applying for any of the roles, please submit your detailed CV, copies of relevant qualifications, relevant professional accreditation, registrations and ID/Passport for the attention of the HR Business Partner to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating the role applied for in the subject line.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 7 September 2023.
Applicants may be required to complete pre-employment checks (qualification, credit, security, background, and medical assessments) as part of the recruitment process where applicable.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com