Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy
SITE CONSTRUCTION ENGINEER -OMC (Solwezi) X 02
The Site Construction Engineer will manage construction works at Petroleum Retail Stations & Fuel Depots. Take the lead in coordinating reactive day-to-day maintenance, programmed maintenance & minor works contracts and provide a professional service on all aspects of property and construction in respect of the Authority’s building assets.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
- Take the lead in all day-to-day reactive maintenance issues.
- Preparation, design and supervision of a range of building projects where refurbishment, repair and adaptation to the existing property are taking place
- Supervision of Civil Works like Civil Structures, Pavements, Buildings, Steel Structure etc.
- General maintenance, refurbishment and adaptation involve contributing to surveys, design and construction.
- Requisitioning the necessary supplies, equipment and tools, monitoring inventory and working within a budget
- Oversee the estimation of Bill of Quantities and Bill of Materials from the Available Drawings.
- Measurement of completed works for effecting payment to the vendors.
- Lifting of equipment, using ladders and scaffolding to get at high and restricted areas as well as confined spaces. Dealing with fragile structures, partially collapsed or unstable surfaces & ground, an inspection of drainage systems and management of hazardous materials.
- Responding to the requests of tenants or occupants with regard to mechanical or maintenance issues
- Evaluating and repairing issues as they arise and communicating with Supervisors when outsourcing is necessary.
- Ensuring safe working practices and that a building is in compliance with safety and quality regulations including maintaining the fire, smoke, carbon monoxide and other safety systems
- Conducting regular inspections to determine which areas in the building need attention
- Overseeing contractors and other workers who are unfamiliar with a building’s layout
- Keeping maintenance schedules and records up to date
- As part of an emergency cover service, you be called upon to any site at any time, night and day, and in all kinds of weather.
- Take on heavy-duty cleaning tasks, such as waxing floors or cleaning carpets, while others may have added supervisory and administrative duties.
- Assess, prioritize and issue instructions for diverse reactive maintenance issues. Inspect the repairs and implement payments.
- Manage commissions and confirm briefs with clients, establish design team needs, assist in monitoring and reviewing working practices, provide instruction when necessary and report back to the Senior Project /Maintenance Engineer.
Required Skills & Attributes
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Good numeracy and literacy ability
- Statistical and financial acumen
- Attention to Detail
- Good Problem Solving Skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to get on with people from different backgrounds
- Physical fitness
- Excellent Drawing Board, IT and CAD skills
Primary Areas of Accountability:
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma/Degree in Civil Engineering/ Building Construction Science / Maintenance or Related
- Must have a minimum of 4+ in Building Construction, Maintenance and Drawing
- Proficient in Reading and interpretation of Civil Structure Drawings.
- Proven Architectural Experience and Professional Training
have experience in directing contractor and technical staff, building
and site supervisory work, construction services and maintenance
techniques, trades and crafts or building surveying/ building services.
- Must be well-vested in the use of AUTOCAD or any well know Architectural Software
- Experience in a commercial environment is desirable.
- Must be a member of EIZ
Method Of Application
If you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to : firstname.lastname@example.org and Copy-in email@example.com
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE