Karibu Trading Limited
We are looking for a well-organized Site Engineer with strong leadership skills to join our growing team.
The site engineer’s responsibilities will include managing different parts of construction projects, supervising crew members, preparing estimates for time and material costs, completing quality assurance, observing health and safety standards, and compiling reports for different stakeholders.
Candidates should be able to work alongside various professionals and create work schedules that meet deadlines.
Site Engineer Responsibilities:
- Organizing materials and ensuring sites are safe and clean.
- Preparing cost estimates and ensuring appropriate materials and tools are available.
- Providing technical advice and suggestions for improvement on projects.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting equipment as required.
- Negotiating with suppliers and vendors to ensure the best contracts.
- Authorizing technical drawings and engineering plans.
- Drawing up work schedules and communicating any adjustments to crew members and clients.
- Gathering data, compiling reports and delivering presentations to relevant stakeholders.
- Delegating tasks and scheduling meetings and training sessions where required.
- Completing quality assurance and providing feedback to the team.
Site Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, or Civil Engineering.
- Grade 12 full certificate.
- A driver’s license will be an added advantage.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Valid Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ) 2024 practicing License is MANDATORY. Applicants without a valid EIZ will be automatically disqualified.
- Sound knowledge of power line construction, and design.
- Great leadership and organizational skills.
- Superb project management skills.
- Ability to apply logical and critical thinking skills to projects.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- A willingness to learn.