John Snow Health Zambia Limited
John Snow Health Zambia (JSH-Z) with support from USAID through the eSCMIS Project will continue assisting the Government of the Republic of Zambia in the rollout of a next-generation electronic supply chain management information system (eSCMIS). The eSCMIS Project aims to increase the use of health services, decrease disease burden and increase quality of life through ensuring appropriate quantities and quality of health commodities are available at health facilities to meet patient demands. Continuing the rollout of and provision of technical support to the existing eLMIS will enable a seamless transition from the activities being done under predecessor projects. Establishing public private partnerships to promote sustainability and eSCMIS transition to the government are key objectives in Zambia during this 5-year project plan. The eSCMIS Project will work closely with and in support of the Ministry of Health.
JSH-Z seeks a dynamic and highly experienced candidate for the position of Software Developer to be based in Lusaka, Zambia. S/he will follow and implement the software development process. The Software Developer will report to the Senior Software Developer/Architect and help in achieving project’s goals and objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Execute full lifecycle software development.
- Write well designed, documented, testable, efficient code.
- Review specifications and determine operational feasibility.
- Develop enhancements, test, and maintain the electronic Logistics Management Information System (eLMIS) including related interfaces with other existing systems.
- Use JSH-Z’s web-based bug tracking systems to log bugs, enhancements and to update bug resolution status.
- Document and maintain software functionality as well as produce required software development documentation e.g. System Integration Test Document, Data Dictionary, System Operation and Maintenance Document.
- Develop and/or review technical user manuals, guides, job aids and training manuals for database systems.
- Liaise with the US-based JSI Software Development Group and eSCMIS product manager(s) for software applications to become familiar with JSH-Z and JSI software development practices, to seek guidance, to solicit and obtain standard practices/templates to follow for software development, to brief on progress being made on software development projects, and to collaborate and contribute to JSH-Z and JSI software development practices.
- Liaise with partners, stakeholders, users in design, development and deployment of computerized information systems in MoH facilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Software Developer and other senior staff.
- Implement and adhere to JSH-Z’s personnel and fraud management policies.
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field and / or equivalent experience
- Proven working experience in software engineering
- Experience using software development methodologies and release processes
- Hands on experience in designing interactive applications
- Ability to develop software in C++, Java or other modern selected languages
- Experience in developing Android applications using Kotlin with Room Database
- Working knowledge of Clojure and ClojureScript
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases (e.g., PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, SQL), ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate), and MyBatis
- Excellent knowledge of functional programming
- Familiar with Linux environment, Bash Script, devOps, and Docker
- Experience in developing web applications using popular web framework such as Spring MVC
- Experience in working with RabbitMQ
- Experience with test-driven development
- Ability to document requirements and specifications using UML
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills;
- Strong verbal and written English
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to work in a dynamic team-oriented environment but self-managing of own time
- Experience in logistics/supply chain management and/or public health sector
- Experience working with web-based agile issue tracking software e.g. JIR
- Experience in working with USAID-funded projects
- Ability to travel in-country to support technical activities
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally
Method of Application:
To apply, please complete the application form available on LINK.
Closing Date: May 25, 2023
Please note that you do not need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.