Barrick Gold Corporation
INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY: SOURCING INTERN
Lumwana Mining Company is offering opportunities for an internship development programme to recent graduates from both Public and Private Universities / Colleges to gain industrial experience in Sourcing under Supply Chain.
You will be working under the Supervision of the Procurement Coordinator, and you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Sourcing Specialist team with sourcing activities to comply with legislation, company policies, procedures, and ethical guidelines.
- Assist with provision of timely and efficient sourcing services that strive to exceed customer expectations /meet deadlines.
- Assist in the day-to-day management of suppliers, particularly in the areas of order management, discrepancies resolution and expediting and payment assistance.
- Assist with continuous reviews of all aspects of the procurement operations to ensure opportunities add value, minimise risk and enhance shareholder value are identified and implemented.
- Engage in and maintain a high service level with end user / site customers.
- Engage and maintain a high on time delivery service level with all applicable suppliers.
- Ensure all purchases are in accordance with all HSE standards.
- Ensure you take a proactive approach to understand customer and technical needs for both stock and direct charge purchases.
- Ensure prompt needs analysis has been carried out for all sourcing activities and adjudication is processed within the stipulated time frames
- Prepare comprehensive price adjudications for standard Stock and direct purchase items.
- Assist with identification and implementation of cost saving.
- Communicate item description, supply, and specification changes to inventory department to ensure stock catalogue is correct and up to date.
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Degree in Purchasing and Supply or equivalent.
- Have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of international procurement processes
- Proficient in Microsoft office package
- Ability to work in a team
- Willingness to learn
Method of Application
All applicants that meet the above stated requirements are invited to submit their CVs to the Job Portal link: http://jobs.barrick.com/.
Barrick has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management.
Barrick offers equal employment opportunities to qualified men and women.
Women who meet the above qualifications are strongly encouraged to apply.
‘Be Aware of Fraudsters’.
Lumwana Mining Company does not solicit for payment of any funds towards the recruitment process.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com.