Standard Bank Group
The role shall be key in administering and supporting the Linux and OpenShift Container Platform ecosystem for the bank on premise. He/she will be responsible for the design, build, operation and maintenance of all Linux-based platforms, supporting applications in day-to-day operation of the same.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
- CompTIA Linux+, Redhat certifications in Linux administration preferred.
- 3-4 years’ work experience in Unix/Linux System Administration, OpenShift, or support of mission-critical applications in a purely Linux-based environment.
- Knowledge in technical deployment and operations standards and performance-tuning principles.
- Proven experience working with IT Server Infrastructure
- Serve as the primary systems administrator for Linux and OpenShift Servers and services.
- Install, configure, and document new servers and applications
- Manage the container platform ecosystem
- Provide full support during implementation of approved changes onto Live, Contingency, UAT and DR servers across all systems
- Assist in the management of other technologies in IT Infrastructure e.g., VMWare, Servers and Storage.
- Ensure Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans are in place and tested periodically
- Document key system architecture, service descriptions and standard operating procedures for knowledge management.
- Participate in key projects in the bank involving technology infrastructure
- Capacity and Availability Management
- Monitoring and Event Management
- Incident and Problem Management
- Self-driven and able to meet strict timelines and SLAs
- Strong and ardent team player
- Strong analytical skills coupled with the ability to think logically
- Pro-active and logical thinking
- Analysis of data and facts