IFC - International Finance Corporation
IFC — a member of the World Bank Group — is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2023, IFC committed a record US$43.7 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
IFC’s Lusaka, Zambia Office is seeking to recruit a highly motivated Short-Term Temporary (Team Assistant) to provide effective and efficient administrative support. This role will contribute to the effective operation and administrative coordination of the Country Manager/Resident Representative’s office and Industry teams and should be ready to step up to undertake new responsibilities and challenges with enthusiasm.
Duties and Accountabilities
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide high quality support to the team including scheduling of appointments, monitor documents for signature/approval; monitor and follow up on issues and priorities; handle incoming correspondence and internal and external queries; draft and handle routine correspondence.
- Provide primary assistance in the implementation of the teams work program, including some specialized support in a specific area(s), e.g. task management, procurement, database management, information technology, editorial assistance, etc.
- Identify and resolve diverse issues/problems as they arise, which often requires interpretation of existing procedures and processes and independently determining the appropriate application.
- Suggest ways to enhance work organization and effectiveness.
- Exercise quality enhancement function for project and other documents by ensuring adherence to departmental, and institutional guidelines.
- Serve as an information resource on status of projects/products and draft a variety of standard project-related correspondence.
- Act as back-up to other ACS colleagues in the office in their absence or during a busy period.
- Undertake adhoc duties that may be assigned by the Country Manager or the designated Country Office supervisor.
- Work will involve frequent interaction with the following:
- Internal contacts: other VP units, World Bank as well as staff in all locations, locally and internationally.
- External contacts: Government Officials, Consultants, External Organizations, and other Service providers.
- High School Diploma or suitable qualification with 7 years of experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Relevant work experience in a large multinational organization.
- Proficiency in office productivity tools (including MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- High degree of judgment and tact in handling, processing and communicating matters of a sensitive and confidential nature.
- High degree of motivation, initiative, flexibility and reliability.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a range of contacts internally and externally and deal effectively with diverse situations which require good judgment, tact and diplomacy.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team-orientated, multi-cultural environment, and function as an effective team member in various groups.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to prepare draft communications and ensure quality of written outputs.
- Ability to produce high quality work under pressure.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Fluency in English.
Method Of Application
Interested candidates should submit their Cover letter and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday January 26th, 2024.
The subject line of the email application should be Application Short Term Temporary Assistant – ZAMBIA.