Zambart is an independent Zambian research organization with a longstanding research partnership between the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) and the University of Zambia which began in 1988, and it has become one of Zambia’s leading research groups specialising in Tuberculosis (TB) and Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV).
We facilitate quality interdisciplinary health research on issues of public health importance in Zambia. Over the years, Zambart has expanded its scope to include both qualitative and quantitative studies around TB and HIV as well as other infections and public health issues such as poverty, mental health and more. Results from numerous studies have contributed to policy and practice at both national and global levels.
Zambart staff form an interdisciplinary team with a range of expertise including epidemiology, clinical science, social science, laboratory, operations research, health systems and services research, health policy analysis, health economics, health communication research compliance and counselling.
Study Manager – TB REACH Study (Chipulukusu, Ndola), 6 months contract
Perform a wide range of clinical reviews of study participants, administrative and office support activities for the site and/or managers and supervisors to facilitate the efficient operation of the Project site office.
General aim of the position
- Supervise and lead the Ndola study site team.
- Maintains good clinical practice when attending to participants and patients.
- Manage financial resources and retirements to the finance department.
- Organization of logistics and Implementation of interventions.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other key stakeholders.
- General project administration and clerical duties for the site office.
- Writing and submission of Quarterly reports.
- Scientific publication of study’s manuscripts.
- Conduct weekly study meetings and stakeholder’s meetings.
- Conduct study trainings.
- Coordinate activities between Zambart HQ and the Ndola study site.
- Supervise the TB infection testing clinical trial implementation research.
- Coordinate and organize study activities. Summary tasks & responsibilities
- Provide clinical care for participants/patients at the community hub and the clinic.
- Timely screening, diagnosis and management of TB and other medical conditions.
- Keeps the team up to date with national guidelines for TB and other medical conditions.
- Provide managerial and administrative leadership for the study staff.
- Handle requests for information and data between Chipulukusu-Mapalo clinic, the Ndola district health office and Zambart.
- Facilitates communication and coordination between stakeholders and project staff at all district and community levels.
- Understands the different roles of the project Ndola district health office staff, clinic staff and is responsible for maintaining team coordination.
- Writing quarterly reports.
- Scientific presentations of the study’s work.
- Schedule and coordinate study trainings.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings (study’s weekly meetings and monthly stakeholder meetings).
- Maintain accurate and effective financial controls on all the transactions effected within the programme and provide timely retirements to the finance department.
- Ensure that policies, study logistics plans and SOPs are in place and are adhered to.
- Maintains confidentiality in all matters relating to the Project operations and ensures the safekeeping of records.
- Work within the framework of ZAMBART’s core values.
- Any other roles as assigned by the supervisor.
- Medical degree – Bachelor of Medicine and surgery (MBCHB) and registered with the Health Professional Council of Zambia.
- Master’s in public health or epidemiology.
- Demonstrates knowledge of TB, HIV and integrated service delivery.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience.
- Demonstrate mixed methods (quantitative and qualitative) research skills
- Must have supervised a research project and can demonstrate excellent team leadership skills.
- Certificate in Good clinical practice will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Only applicants who meet the criteria for the above position should submit their application letter and CV to The Human Resources Manager, Zambart Head Office, Ridgeway Campus P. O Box 50697 Lusaka or email the application letter and CV only (without certificates) to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating in the reference the position you are applying for.
Closing Date: The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday 26th January 2024.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.