Kagem Mining Limited
Kagem is seeking remarkable candidates to join the team, in the positions of Superintendent Electrical and Agriculture Coordinator.
SUPERINTENDENT ELECTRICAL (x 1)
Reports to: Electrical Engineer
To attend to all electrical installations, supervision of electrical, repairs, and maintenance works at the camp and mining area.
- Implement maintenance standards. Ensure application of National and International Engineering standards/practices
- Enforce the company’s health and Safety Policy Responsibility to ensure all the statutory requirements are strictly followed as per standard norms at Engineering department
- Ensure all electrical requirements in the camp are given prompt attention. All complaints are attended to
- Enforce quality standards and ensure subordinates understand the need for quality
- Lead the work team and ensure, material and machinery are used effectively
- Plan and execute the daily work with all workers
- Prepare budget proposal according to the work to be done
- Keep updated maintenance and other electrical reports
- Ensure the maintenance cost is within the budgeted amount.
- Ensure safety of men, material and machine and keep the work area clean.
- Ensure the safe system at workplace sad develop quality management system
- Carry out preventive, schedule, and predictive maintenance for all equipment.
- Control the workers to perform effective operations Task the workers to update
- Provide targets and effectively allocate duties to subordinates
- Ensure discipline among the workers and that they follow laid down procedures when executing the duties
Qualifications & Experience
- Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering with min 5 years’ experience. with preferably 2 years in the mining industry
- Good computer skills.
- Must have certifications from EIZ and ERB
- Knows which work needs priority and then assign it to other workers
- Can work individually or as part of a team.
- Good command of both oral and written communication
The company provides single status accommodation at the mine site.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Send your applications (Covering Letter and CV only) to The Head-Human Resources by mail to, firstname.lastname@example.org. Certificates will only be required at the interview stage.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Closing date 25th November 2023
Koger Mining Lad is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all eligible applicants to apply. We do not charge or ask for money from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process. Should you be asked to do so by anybody, please do not proceed and report such individuals to the police immediately.
To apply for this job please visit gemfields.com.