Rhodes Park School
Rhodes Park School is a leading private educational institution in Zambia and has been serving Lusaka Parents since the 1960s. We offer kindergarten to high school (K-12) classes that follow local and international syllabi.
As an equal opportunity employer, Rhodes Park School requires the services of suitably qualified, well-motivated, and results-driven candidates to be appointed in the position of Teacher at the Early Learning Centre.
The core purpose of this role is planning, organizing and implementing of appropriate instructional programs in the Early Learning section’s environment that guide and challenge students to acquire expected knowledge, skills and understanding to fulfill their potential in the 21st Century. The Teacher will ignite a passion for learning, create a sense of achievement for all and demonstrate the highest expectations whilst acknowledging that each of our children is unique with individual strengths and needs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- To work with children by providing a safe and nurturing environment for social and academic growth.
- To provide supervision, discipline and other forms of general care, in addition to helping with instruction and clerical work.
- To be responsible for observing and monitoring student activity at all times.
- In a classroom or gymnasium, on a playground, during field trips or during meals, you must be constantly aware of the locations of students and keep them in line of sight. Through this observation, you must be able to recognize inappropriate behavior and discipline students accordingly.
- To provide an optimal learning environment.
- To prepare and execute lesson plans and activities, develop schedules and enforce routines
- To monitor students and to ensure that student injuries are avoided & provide age-appropriate supervision
- Assess In-Class and Homework Assignments
- To facilitate individual and small group work so that students can enjoy a more specialized learning experience.
- To maintain the health and well-being of the children under your supervision by cleaning, meal preparation, toileting and dealing with minor injuries. This includes dealing with children with special needs who often require other forms of care.
- Assist in the implementation of Creative Curriculum activities and encourage participation by children.
- Lead Daily Activities, maintain a Safe and Comfortable Environment – to keep all children active and engaged while they are in the classroom.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & PERSONAL COMPETENCIES:
- Full Grade 12 certificate with 5 Credit or better;
- A minimum qualification of a Diploma in Early Childhood Education and with three (3) years of experience in a reputable school. A Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education will be an added advantage;
- Holder of qualified Teacher license from Teaching Council of Zambia (TCZ);
- A creative and enthusiastic approach to teaching and outdoor learning;
- Must be computer literate;
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving skills;
- Excellent written and verbal English skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Passion for Children’s wellbeing and growth (curricular and extra-curricular)
Method of Application
If you believe you meet these terms, forward your Cover Letter, CV, NRC, TCZ License, and certified copies of professional qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before November 19th 2023.
Please note that applications that will not conform to the above specifications will not be considered.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com