Rhodes Park School
Rhodes Park School is a leading private educational institution in Zambia and has been serving Lusaka Parents since the 1960s. We offer kindergarten to high school (K-12) classes that follow local and international syllabi. As an equal opportunity employer, Rhodes Park School requires the services of a suitably qualified, well-motivated and result-driven candidate to be appointed in the position of Teacher of Physical Education and Sports.
Be accountable for and provide professional leadership and management for the section. To secure high-quality teaching, effective use of resources and improved standards of learning and achievement for all pupils. To contribute to the development and maintenance of the whole school’s strategy, policies and values.
- Manage and teach Physical Education & Sports
- Must be familiar with coaching and refereeing in sports such football, cricket, basketball, volleyball, rugby and athletics
- Keep a record of all equipment in the sports section
- Make orders of various physical education & sports equipment and teaching aids
- Maintain good relationships with other members of staff and identify suitable coaches to assist in sports coaching.
- Organize sports correspondence to parents and sports team members
- Be familiar with the operations of the Independent Schools Association of Zambia (ISAZ) Sports.
- Must attend all ISAZ planning meetings and contribute to the scheduling of termly sports
- Organize local Inter House sports events.
- Designing and implementing a comprehensive Physical Education & Sports Curriculum that aligns with the educational standards and goals.
- Developing age-appropriate lesson plans and activities to promote physical fitness, motor skills and sports knowledge.
- Leading and supervising the Physical Education & Sports teaching staff.
- Providing Professional development (CPDs) for teachers and coaches to enhance their skills and stay updated on the latest trends in Physical education & Sports
- Overseeing the maintenance and utilization of sports facilities and ensuring that they are safe and conducive to physical activities.
- Organizing and overseeing sports events, tournaments, and competitions both within the school and outside.
- Manage sports teams, coordinating coaching staff, and fostering a positive and inclusive culture.
- Managing the budgets and requisitions for the Physical education and sports section.
- Maintain accurate records of student’s participation, achievements and health-related data.
- Any other assigned duties
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & PERSONAL COMPETENCIES:
- Positive Mindset
- Full Grade 12 certificate with 5 Credits or better
- A minimum qualification of a relevant Diploma or Degree from a recognized college or University.
- At least 2 years of teaching experience
- Must be computer literate (well conversant with Microsoft Excel)
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Method of Application
If you are interested in filling the above vacancy and believe you meet the specified terms, forward your Cover Letter, CV, NRC, and certified copies of professional qualifications to email@example.com
Friday 26th January, 2024