Impact Network works with the Ministry of General Education in its efforts to achieve universal primary education. Founded in 2009, Impact Network is a Zambia-based non-profit organization that is working to improve the quality of education in Zambian community schools. We work in Katete, Sinda and Petauke Districts in Eastern Province and are an equal opportunity employer. For more information see: www.impactnetwork.org.
- Supervise, manage and provide ongoing training to teachers at assigned schools.
- Visit each school and observe at least 12 teachers for a minimum of one class period each week.
- Train teachers on the Impact Network e-school 360 model and ensure it is implemented in all Impact Network classrooms.
- Develop goals for improvement with each teacher. Through observations, follow-up meetings and weekly evaluation forms, supervisor will target specific methodologies / strategies for improvement and seek out examples of success to discuss with teachers.
- Collaborate with each teacher individually to determine areas for improvement, growth and success through coaching sessions.
- Complete lesson observation reports on a weekly basis and provide these reports to appropriate supervisor.
- Assist in leading the monthly and termly teacher training programs during and between school terms.
- Assist with teacher hiring and school preparation.
- Exhibit knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Impact Network.
- Liaise with the Operations Coordinators on the affairs of the cluster.
- Monitor daily attendance of teachers and submit reports appropriately.
- Communicate all matters arising with teachers and pupils to the appropriate supervisors.
- Develop and nurture a good relationship between ZINL and other stakeholders.
- Faithfully serve ZINL, giving at all times the full benefit of the employee’s knowledge, expertise, technical skill and ingenuity.
- Additional tasks based on organization needs.
- Candidates should have a relevant college diploma in education with 3+ years relevant work experience, particularly field work
- A degree in education is an added advantage
- Experience teaching primary school, including learner-centered methods and lesson development.
- Experience supervising others and giving feedback.
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal in English and local language
- Tech skills: Typing, E-mail, Word, Excel, smartphone usage, scanning
- Integrity, punctuality, reliability and attention to detail
- The ability to troubleshoot and provide reasonable solutions as problems arise
- Willing to reside near the Impact Network site office and travel by motorbike
- Experience working in rural settings with minimal resources a plus
- Applicants with a class A motor bike license will be highly considered
- Residents of Eastern Province will be given preference
This position is based in Eastern Province.
Applications will be accepted until 31 May 2023 and will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us 4 weeks after the close of applications.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.