First Quantum Minerals
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Overall Job Purpose
Reporting to the Electrical Shift Supervisor, the position is responsible for assisting in establishment of preventative and responsive electrical maintenance in the mining area equipment’s, to ensure maximum operational performance is achieved in a safe and cost effective manner while ensuring compliance with relevant procedures, polices, legal requirements and consent conditions.
Specific Job Responsibility
- Adhere to the companies planned and preventative maintenance schedules and procedures.
- Effectively maintain the electrical equipment with the minimum effect on the mining production.
- Report all incidents immediately to the Supervisor.
- Maintain the correct and safe usage of all hand tools within your section
- Report all defective tools, record and control all replacement of tools.
- Any other duties as directed by the Electrical Shift Supervisor.
Job Specific Competencies
- Demonstrated application of continuous improvement ideas
- Demonstrated ability to work safely and improve team safety awareness.
- Able to diagnose problems and potential problems.
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Ensure that maintenance objectives are effectively communicated to optimize plant availability.
- Other duties as instructed by the Shift Supervisor
- Experience working with large mining mobile equipment.
Key Job Attributes
- Able to handle work with a great sense of professionalism.
- Possesses good organizational skills.
- Good, oriented person
- Maintain a professional approach to duties and responsibilities with the capability of making timely, rational decisions and an ability to meet deadlines.
- Act with honesty and integrity in all areas: maintain confidentiality in dealings with subordinates, clients and customers.
- Demonstrate accuracy, time management and organizational skills.
- Maintain a professional work ethic through effective, honest communication with supervisors, peers, and subordinates.
- Commitment to reach or exceed maintenance, operational and safety goals.
- Work effectively in a team environment, supporting other team members when needed.
- The ability and drive to manage maintenance work group in a technically challenging and geographically remote maintenance environment.
- Sound planning, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills in English.
- Knowledge and understanding of diverse third world cultures and customs an advantage.
Experience required to perform in this job.
- Minimum Five years’ experience in a Mining environment working as an artisan.
- Knowledge of low voltage systems, 24vdc
- Knowledge of Ancillary equipment such as grader, dozer and loader
- Knowledge of Hydraulic excavator and drill
- Good knowledge on the use of refrigerant measuring instruments.
- Reading electrical drawings (24v)
- Computer literate.
- Refrigeration/Air Conditioning Craft Certificate
- Zambian driving License (Valid)
- A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- Minimum of a Grade 12 school Certificate
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.