Wasoko is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Wasoko aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia & Rwanda use Wasoko’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Transport at Wasoko is a fun, fast-paced, agile and people-focused business. We believe in the motto ‘We win through our people.’
You will support and manage the Logistics team members in a branch, ensuring they have everything they need to achieve and maintain their optimal level of performance. At the same time, you will ensure that operational activities are in line with profit and cost targets, SOP and company policies.
This is a challenging role where you will have the opportunity to grow your career and be part of a strong team.
You must enjoy being part of a dedicated team working together to make a difference in the lives of our customers and employees in relevant and memorable ways.
If you are looking for a change and ready to make a difference, we are looking for you.
Reporting into: Branch Warehouse Manager
If this sounds like a team you would like to join… Keep reading.
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to manage change processes
- You are able to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Subject matter expert in transport management, forward and reverse logistics, capacity and route planning
- Demonstrates an exceptional level of resourcefulness, creativity, ingenuity, and empathy
- Knowledge of best practices in managing B2B or B2C end to end transport processes
- Experience to build last-mile transport capability with world-class safety and health policies, procedures, standards and culture.
- You are a leader. Your top priority is to make sure all Logistics employees at the branch have what they need to do their tasks 110% of the time
- What tool(s) do they need to function?
- Do they have any blockages? Help them to remove these blockages
- Compliance? Policy, SOPs and work instructions are aligned to the operations
- Self-service data? Empower them to make decisions based on data while they do their jobs
- Simplify the way our employees work – the goal is to get more for less (efficiency, productivity, etc.)
- Ensure operational KPIs are met and exceeded and the business has visibility on the performance of the branch
- Drive teams to achieve consistent delivered in full on time (DIFOT)
- Develop, own and implement tactical strategies to drive asset utilization
- Keep last-mile costs under control per order, by ensuring that deliveries per route and vehicle are optimized to achieve targeted profit and loss figures
- Live by the principle of ‘The Customer is King’ to ensure world-class customer service
- Design and implement tactical service-level strategies that ensure transportation provides delivery service that meets or exceeds customer expectations
- Identify process gaps or opportunities and implement best practices to increase efficiency and accuracy
- Monitor volume forecasts, as appropriate, to ensure that network delivery capacity is always ahead of the fulfilment centre capacity
- Collaborate with 3P providers to improve performance and processes in a cost-effective manner
- Hold frequent meetings with 3P vendors to review key performance indicators
- Conduct employee performance appraisals, individual development plans, and succession plan to ensure business continuity
- Invest time in training a new generation of strong people ready to take on new challenges and opportunities while maintaining the same level of excellence in execution
- Create and foster an environment that promotes integrity, accountability, collaboration and a winning attitude while providing a safety net for our employees to thrive, have fun and grow.
- Ability to lead, coach and train employees
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- Goal-oriented, assertive and a practical problem solver
- Degree in Supply chain, Transport & Logistics, Business Operations, Business Administration, or similar. An Advanced diploma in the same with at least 5 years of experience in last mile logistics can be considered
- You have in-depth knowledge of last mile logistics (transport best practises and processes – prior experience working with Loginext or equivalent highly desirable).
To apply for this job please visit wasoko.breezy.hr.