Wasoko (“people of the market” in Swahili) is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. We are East Africa’s biggest digitized retail distribution platform powered by our own in-house logistics network. Tens of thousands of informal retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda, and Zambia use Wasoko to order everyday essential goods and receive working capital financing.
The informal retailers of Africa today are the primary if not the only channel used by consumers to purchase essential goods worth over $600 billion per year. The fragmented infrastructure across large land mass, distributed but diverse population and rather a smaller basket size spend does not yet lend themselves to big basket retail or mass consumer eCommerce. Instead, the informal retail ecosystem is THE channel for building the plumbing for digital and consumer
commerce across Africa.
This is Wasoko’s opportunity. Wasoko with its brand, scale and logistics network is best positioned to build the technology-leveraged rails to serve the 1+ billion African consumers through informal retailers. We are building a digital-first operating system for informal retailers, initially focusing on B2B distribution but quickly incorporating other tools and services to help communities across Africa get more for less.
Role: Transport Warehouse Management System Lead
Branch: Lusaka, Zambia
Transport at Wasoko is a fun, fast-paced, agile and people-focused business. We believe in the motto ‘We win through our people.’
You will support and manage the Logistics team members in a branch, ensuring they have everything they need to achieve and maintain their optimal level of performance. At the same time, you will ensure that operational activities are in line with profit and cost targets, SOP and company policies.
This is a challenging role where you will have the opportunity to grow your career and be part of a strong team.
You must enjoy being part of a dedicated team working together to make a difference in the lives of our customers and employees in relevant and memorable ways.
If you are looking for a change and ready to make a difference, we are looking for you.
Reporting into: Transport Supervisor Supervisor
Direct Reports: 3
If this sounds like a team you would like to join… Keep reading.
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to manage change processes
- Ability to lead, coach and train employees
- Exceptional organisational and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- Goal-oriented, assertive and a practical problem solver
- You are able to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Subject matter expert in transport management, forward and reverse logistics, capacity and route planning
- Demonstrates an exceptional level of resourcefulness, creativity, ingenuity, and empathy
- Knowledge of best practices in managing B2B or B2C end to end transport processes
- Experience to build last-mile transport capability with world-class safety and health policies, procedures, standards and culture.
- To creating picking tasks for all orders after trip planning in Loginext:
- Assigning pickings to the correct set of available pickers under the supervisor’s guidance.
- Handling cases of insufficient stock during picking.
- Updating the cancellation status of orders in the Pulpo queue and communicating the cancellations to the customer services team.
- The WMS Lead plays a crucial role in ensuring efficient and accurate order picking processes, coordinating with the supervisor and customer services team to maintain smooth operations and proper system reflection
- Degree in Supply chain, Transport & Logistics, Business Operations, Business Administration, or similar. An Advanced diploma in the same with at least 5 years of experience in last mile logistics can be considered
- You have in-depth knowledge of last mile logistics (transport best practices and processes – prior experience working with Loginext , Pulpo or equivalent highly desirable).
To apply for this job please visit wasoko.breezy.hr.